Friday, November 12, 2010

My Trip to San Diego: Day Five

July 5, 2010

Today, we are leaving San Diego. It has been an interesting week full of fun. My day today started with my dad buying breakfast at Subway and then eating it at the hotel. Before we started eating, we took some photos. After all, it was our last day here and we had a great view. So we decided to take some snapshots. I took a random shot and took one of my mom and my dad enjoying the view and took one of their backs. It was really funny. Amazingly, even my mom liked it! She said that it wasn’t often that she could see her back and my dad told her that I was a good photographer. After breakfast, we started toward the outlet. There, we spent around half the day. We bought a pair of sandals for me (which I love and cherish) and more. I couldn’t possibly name them all. Then again, we bought a lot (typical us). We also ate some pretzels and a drink (iced tea). We shopped some more and bought a lot more stuff. When we finally decided to go, it was already noon. So we made our way to the Korean market. At the Korean market, we decided to shop a little and we also needed to return a pencil that I bought at the beginning of the trip. I was broken, so we had to return it; it was no use to me. So, at Galleria (the shop name), we bought lots of Korean goods. For example, we bought this drink called Milkiss. It is something similar to the everyday soda in modern times. However, it had much more of a soothing taste and your mouth doesn’t go all weird and clammy a few minutes after you had drunken the bottle (or can). Over all, the after taste is better than that of a soda. I think it still rots your teeth, though. I don’t think you can get away from that! I guess there are ways from preventing them from rotting, but you would still need a toothbrush to do that. Unless you want to go back home. Anyways, after buying all the stuff, we made our way to a café and we ate pat being soo there. It was so delicious! Pat being soo is a Korean type of sundae. As the ‘ice cream,’ we had crushed ice. For a substitute for toppings, we had ice cream and fruits. It was really nice to have in a hot summer day like this. It was really refreshing, yet at the same time, it had a sweet tinge. I really recommend this if you and your family or friends all want a sundae of ice cream, although it may be a little too much for one alone. After we had that, we hit the road to a restaurant. It was a place called the Corner Store (길목 in Korean.). There, we ate Korean BBQ (KBBQ). It was really yummy. We also ate some refreshing noodles. Perfect for the kind of weather here; the kind that slowly suffocates you and burns you into a crisp. After eating that heartening meal, we went to Avis; the place where we rented out our car. We then rode a shuttle to the Los Angeles airport. It wasn’t very far away, so we were there after only a few minutes. At the airport, we waited a few hours and then it was time to board. We traveled in semi-darkness, but then I was asleep most of the time. The next thing I knew, we were in British Columbia. In a taxi, we went home. At home, I brushed my teeth, went to the washroom, washed, and then went to sleep. So that is my exciting yet tiring trip to San Diego (via LA)!

No comments:

Post a Comment