Friday, November 12, 2010

My Trip to San Diego: Day One

June 30, 2010

Face it, waking up at three o’clock in the morning is NOT the best thing to do… However, it just makes it worse if you wake up at TWO o’clock because you thought you had to… I do NOT recommend this. Unfortunately, for me, this was just the case. Waking up at two and again (not that I got to get much sleep in that hour or so) at three is not that enjoyable. When I got up, we dressed and washed. My dad called a taxi to drive us to the airport. When we got there, we checked in and we headed for the ‘secure check’. After that, we had to go to the immigration center and check in there. After being checked three times, (I got pretty darn bored) we finally got to head to the ‘real’ part of the airport, the gates. Thankfully, there were stores where the gates were, or I would bet that we would have died of boredom. Then, we had to eat breakfast and we went to the restroom, too. We took turns guarding our stuff; my dad first and then my mom and I. By that time, there was only a little time left for us to hurry to the gate so I felt a little rushed. When our airplane was ready for us, the passengers piled in. We piled in last because our seats were called last. At first, before the airplane was is the air, it had to gather momentum. Well, it took this plane so many minutes over the usual that the pilot even told us that we weren’t going to drive to L.A., our destination (it wasn’t our final destination because THAT would be San Diego). I felt that that was pretty funny. After a few more minutes, the plane finally went: Up, Up and Away! It was a short ride compared to the other flights. We only had ridden for about two and a half hours when we got to our destination. I was sleeping most of the time, but my parents were watching something on my dad’s laptop. The only part I was really not asleep at was the time we launched ourselves. Then I was fast asleep.

I woke up about the time when the airplane was about to come to land and land. When we finally landed, we were surprised that the exit off the plane was the same way that people get on the plane. I wasn’t used to that because in Vancouver, whenever we get off, the place (or route) isn’t the same as the place we get on. So when we got off the plane, we made our way to the place where we had to get the luggage that we had sent. We only had one bag that we had ‘sent ahead of us’, so after retrieving it, we mad our way to the shuttle bus we were going to ride. The shuttle took you to a rental shop called Avis. Here we rented out a car of the ‘brand’ Kia. We then went to a Korean restaurant. It was called gillmok (the Korean pronunciation). The actual English ‘title’ was The Corner Store. That isn’t exactly the right interpretation, but it is pretty close. We ate bulgoge, cold noodles and rice. I ate until I thought my stomach would bust! It was really fulfilling! After that, we headed for the mall. Again this was a Korean mall. It was (and I bet still is) located in Korea town. There, I bought some stationary, including pencils and notebooks. I felt really happy after I bought those cool pencils. One was the shake one, the other the pen and pencil in one, and the other don’t need to push lead out. My mom also bought some text books. Huh. I guess they are for me… Who else? We also shopped for fruits and water. Then we left and headed for Costco. There, we bought two books: New Moon by Stephanie Meyer and The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan. I hadn’t brought any books with me because my dad told me not to. After we bought the books, we headed to San Diego.

We arrived at the hotel, Sheraton. However, when we were about to check in, we found out that we were in the other ward, not this ward. The difference between the two buildings was the rooms. They said that it was bigger in the other building. I don’t think I would actually mind if the room was a little smaller, though. I also thought it would have been nice if the people would actually give a heads up! sign. They could have given us a phone call, at the least. Finally, we got to our room. We set all our things up and settled down. Then, disaster struck. The shower didn’t work! So my dad called down to the front desk. They sent us a ‘plumber’, but he couldn’t fix it. So, we had to move all our stuff! I nearly fell into my bed dafter that! So, that was my tired yet very interesting day!


No comments:

Post a Comment