Friday, November 12, 2010

My Trip to San Diego: Day Four

July 3, 2010

Today, we went to San Diego Wild Animal Park. However, when I went in, I wasn’t really impressed because I thought that more animals would be walking around freely. In reality, they were all just cooped up in cages, too. The only real difference is that they had a larger space to roam. It also imitates their habitat. For example, the giraffes had a whole entire hill and they were free to roam

anywhere around it. We then tried to fink some restaurant that was open, but we only found one. So without a choice, we ate there. I ate a pretzel while my mom and my dad ate a muffin. I loved the pretzel, although it was a bit too salty for my taste. It left my tongue strangely numb. However, after a few minutes, the feeling all vanished. We also bought a souvenir cup. It was a red portable coffee cup, and it said Wild Animal Park on it. I thought that it was good. It was sturdy, and was coated. Also, you got free refills if you brought the bottle and the receipt to a place where you could refill it. We then headed to go to the place where we boarded for the bus tour. It was called Journey into Africa. We boarded for the ride at the Simba Station. It was early and there weren’t many people boarding at that time, so we were lucky. We also were supposed to buy our tour tickets there, but since we had these special tickets, we were allowed to use those to get on the bus tour for free without having to buy the extra tickets. The bus tour was an over view of almost everything in the safari. There we saw rhinos, zebras, sheep, wild pigs, ostriches, buffalo, antelope, and more! We also saw elephants, giraffes, gazelles, lions and all different types of birds. Some birds were storks, ducks, and also flamingos. We saw flamingos at the San Diego Zoo, but all the flamingos there were pink. Meanwhile, the flamingos here were sometimes pink and sometimes white. Also, the flamingos here had only a small stretch of land and a large, deep pool, whereas the zoo had both land and water, and the water actually being shoal enough so that they could eat, but not so deep that they had to swim. I saw that they crowded the beach and none of them seemed to want to go too deep into the water, so I thought it was a waste of space to give them that much and them not seeming to want to use it! At the end of the trip, we got off the bus and we went to the balloon safari.

To go on the balloon safari, we had to buy special tickets. After buying the tickets, my dad and I went on it. My mom didn’t want to go because she was afraid of heights. I thought that was too bad because there was an awesome view up there. I thought that I could be able to see all the way to Vancouver with the view (a bit of an exaggeration, but it was really a great view). From there you could look all the way around the park; it was something like a park over view. It went quite a few feet up and then hovered there for a few minutes. During that time, we were allowed to walk around it the balloon to see and take pictures of the whole park. I had binoculars with me, so I got a good close-up view. I had to say that there was a great deal of animals down there. However, the animals had too much space in my point of view. Also, they didn’t seem to use it a lot of it anyway. I kept in thinking that it is such a big waste of space, while in that space, they could have made it into a place with trees or even a mini ( I don’t even believe that it would be mini) garden where they could grow various plants there. They could also grow fruits and vegetables there for the animals to eat! When were on flat ground again, we made our way to the place where we could see the lions and the lionesses. Sure enough, there was the lion and the lionesses. There was only one male lion and it was sleeping as far as I was concerned. Boy, didn’t it stink there, though! My mom, dad, and I took turns taking pictures of each other. Then, we headed away from the stench and started toward the restaurants. Quite a lot of the restaurants were open by now, and we were starving. As we went along our path, my mom and I needed to use the washroom, so we went to the one that was closest so us (mind you, even there was quite a long way away). So we made our way there and we went in. When we went in, we were hit by the most horrible stench in the world and most likely in the wild, too. I stunk so bad that I had to pinch my nose. However, we had to go, so we bore it. Then, we quickly made our way out of the restroom. I never thought I would be so glad to breathe fresh air like then! After all, “you never love anything before you fear of losing it. After all, one does not love to breathe until all breathing shuts off and you suffocate” said Dustfinger. That is a quote from Inkheart by Cornelia Funke. I think that it is a pretty reasonable saying and it has good meaning for it. Also, it just matches the picture correctly, I think. I was holding my nose when I went to the washroom for a potty break. It wasn’t superb. Anyway, let’s move on to some more joyful things. So after going… Ok. We started getting our way to the front, where we could go and feed the ducks. We then passed the cage where you could pet and feed the deer. I ventured inside. I got to pet a few deer, and I was surprised. They had stiff and tough fur, but I thought it would be softer. Unfortunately, I couldn’t feed them because my dad didn’t have any quarters (in US) with him. So we tried a Canadian quarter. That didn’t work. I couldn’t tell the difference, but I guess there was one. Maybe it was too thin. I couldn’t know. However, my dad exchanged money for the quarters for it, so I could feed them. There were little, cute, male, female, bold, shy and more ducks and ducklings. There were all different kinds. The food was a little ball, something like dog food, except that this was yellow, like the POPS cereal. I spent a lot of time at the pool, feeding the ducklings (although some of them were too little to be able to swallow them. There were also these two geese that always asked for more food. At the end, I had them eat out of my hand! It was a feeling like the flamingos. A hard and steady pecking. Fortunately, it didn’t hurt. After feeding the ducklings, we made our way out of the Wild Animal Park. Sincerely, it wasn’t a big impressment for me. That was the end of Wild Animal Park. After that, we went shopping and bought a whole bunch of stuff. I couldn’t possibly name them all; there were too many. After all, we had been to the outlet. We looked at all different stuff and bought a lot of things that were on sale. After shopping, we went to the book store Borders. It there, I bought some books and then we made our way to the hotel. Near the hotel, there was a sushi place. That is the place where we ate. After a hearty meal, we went back to the hotel to get some sleep. It was a fun yet tiring day.

No comments:

Post a Comment