Saturday, June 30, 2012

The British Museum

The first thought that crossed my mind when I entered the grandiose British Museum was this: 'Wow. It is white!' Down below, is a photo of the British Museum on the outside- taken before I went in.
Entrance to the British Museum
It is free. I was pleasantly surprised at the fact that there was no entrance fee. You were just waved in with a nod and a smile as well as a polite 'good day'. However, there is a great jar that says: 'Please donate'. Feeling generous? Well then, 'please donate'. Not feeling so generous? Well........ You should feel generous: you're in London!

So, after you make you're way in, when I went there, there was a huge statue right at your front.
The 'Greeting' statue
 I am aware, that obviously, this statue is not called 'the 'Greeting' statue'. It may be called the 'person throwing the disc' but I am not positive. If you notice the ceiling in the background, you will notice that it is very high. Apparently, that is what my dad noticed. The ceiling. Then, to your left will be an obelisk. It is quite massive in size. 
 The Obelisk
It is from Egypt, and I enjoyed looking at it because it had been only a few months that my class had been studying about ancient Egypt. 

Inside, there were many other wonders to see. The first time that I went, I took an audio book, but I have to say that I looked at more without it than with. Please stay tuned in to see more of the British Museum!

No comments:

Post a Comment