Friday, June 29, 2012

Platform 9 and 3/4

I decided that I would write first a little about the King's Cross station. Did you know that it wasn't actually called the 'King's Cross Station'? Yes- J.K. Rowling even changed the station. It's true: sometimes, the pen is scarier than the knife. Are you a Harry Potter fan? Familiar with Platform 9 and 3/4? I am. I love Harry Potter, and therefore decided to make my way towards this famous tourist spot.

Platform 9 and 3/4

Okay. Maybe you don't know Harry Potter. All I have to say: read it. This particular cart that is protruding from the wall symbolizes the part when Harry Potter is plunging into the wall, on platform 9 and 3/4, to board the Hogwarts Express, which would take him to Hogwarts. I'm not going to go into much detail about it. If you haven't read the books, there really isn't any use going to the spot. If you have, well, you know when it happened. This cart that is plunging into the wall isn't at platform 9 and 3/4, so don't do the same thing as me and almost go and buy a ticket into the gates of Kings Cross to go to the platform in between the platforms. This tourist spot is located just outside the gates, and if you look for it, you will find it. There is almost always a little circle of people waiting to take a picture of them looking like they are going to plunge into Hogwarts. If you can't seem to find it, don't worry. Just make your way to a nearby attendant and they will be more than happy to lead you to it.

That was hardly the end of my happiness and 'harry-potter-ness'. There was also a bookstore near the platform 9 and 3/4 that I decided to jump into as I am rather a big fan of books. I was immediately interested in the wands that they were selling and the Maurader's map. I ended up buying only one treasure, which was Professor Snape's wand.
 Professor Snape's wand

It was 27 pounds, and in my point of view, worth it.Unfortunately not in my mother's point of view. She probably thought I was just wasting money, but only went along with it because my dad already promised me that he would buy it. :) The actual wand was black and pretty plain, other than an intricately designed handle. It came in a box that had the world 'FRAGILE' printed out in bright red, huge, bold, and block letters. So really, I rarely open it in case it breaks. It's just that special for me!

I had a great time in the Kings Cross station, and if you are lucky enough to visit it one day, I hope you have as much fun as I did there- and get to buy a wand from the large selection that they offer you!

No comments:

Post a Comment