Monday, April 21, 2014

Michael Vey: The Prisoner of Cell 25 by Richard Paul Evans



Another read picked up from the library, I am looking forward to reading the whole Michael Vey series! I think I especially liked this book because I was suffering not-enough-fantasy syndrome, and this was exactly what I needed. Richard Paul Evans is a great writer, with a great idea for a plot. I loved this book dearly because the plot actually kind of made sense. However, I have to say that some parts were boring, and I even may have skipped a few pages...

Michael Vey isn't exactly ordinary. I personally think that he's a lot like Four, from I Am Number Four-- unique, and has superpowers. Well, one superpower. He has the ability to surge. That is, control electricity. However, along with great power comes great responsibility and danger. 

Michael isn't the only one with these superpowers, though. And in every side, there is an opposition. Along with Michael, some of the people with the very same powers are set out to kidnap him for who knows what. He must find the courage, patience, and control over his powers on this battle for everything he stands for. In this battle, it does seem like it's him against the world.

However, that's not entirely true. Alongside Michael stand his trusty friends, and his loving mother. Ostin, his nerdy best friend, is set to travel through heaven and hell with him. Taylor is already fast becoming close to Michael, and his mother promises to always be there for him-- and never has let him down. Will he be able to survive the hardships he will encounter and free his mother and Taylor? Read to find out!

Richard Paul Evans will make readers laugh and grimace along with his characters. He is a great writer that will be able to capture your attention for most of this thrilling adventure ride!

This book is definitely a great read for any people who enjoy action, superpower novels. I recommend it to teens and children, especially to those who enjoyed I Am Numer Four! 

***I give this book an 8.5 out of 10.****

No comments:

Post a Comment