Monday, April 7, 2014

Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier


Premiered on April 4th, Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier, is now out in theaters! One day after the premier, on April 5th, I graced with a trip to Cineplex. I've got to admit... I've been dropping by movie theatres a lot these days-- especially since I watched Divergent on the 29th of March, and then Captain America a mere week after! Feeling a bit spoiled, yet ready to enjoy a good movie, I sauntered into theatres.

To say that the theatre was busy would be an understatement. It was packed. I don't think I've seen theatres that packed since... well... the Hunger Games 2: Catching Fire. Then again, that was a great movie.

To put this out there, I'm not a huge huge fan of superhero movies. Mostly, I just watched this one because I wanted to stay in touch with the Avengers-- besides, I'd already watched Iron Man 3, so like, why not? But I hadn't really seen any of the first Captain America movie, so I had a small span of knowledge of Capsicle's history. I mean, yes, yes, the serum, seventy years ago, yeah yeah, he's a hero, huzzah, blah de dah, rumours flying around with about this movie. Everywhere. Other than that? It was just kind of up to the movie to explain. Set after The Avengers, you can meet up again with Agent Maria Hill, Black Widow (Natasha Romanova), Director Nick Fury (Nicholas Joseph Fury), and last but not least, Captain America (Steve Rogers). Oh, and don't ask where Hawkeye (Clint Barton) is. Nobody knows. Along with these three from the Avengers, you can also meet a few other Agents, the Winter Soldier (James Bucky), as well as Agent 13 (Sharon Carter). Seriously, how many characters do they have up their sleve?!

To any Marvel fan, or superhero fan, this movie is a definite must-watch. And for Captain America/Black Widow/Nick Fury fans? Even better. I have to say that I enjoyed this movie, because even if there was a lot of action, it wasn't without context, which I appreciated. Like seriously, I don't want to watch 2 hours and 30 minutes of attractive-gone-old guys fighting each other for no apparent reason... However, if I had to choose between Divergent and Captain America? Divergent all the way...

***I give this movie a 8.2 out of 10!***


No comments:

Post a Comment