Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Seven Wonders: The Colossus Rises by Peter Lerangis



I'd like to say that I know most of the books that come out, and like to read them as soon as possible. However, this series by Peter Lerangis truly caught me by surprise- I didn't even know it existed until I found the second book at Costco a week ago! So of course, I decided to buy it- and read it. I decided to give it a try partly because it looked to be alright- the writing was pretty good. And partly because Rick Riordan reviewed it.

"A high-octane mix of modern adventure and ancient secrets, The Colossus Rises is Lerangis's most gripping work yet. Young readers will love this story. I can't wait to see what's next in the Seven Wonders series!"
~ Rick Riordan, author of the Percy Jackson series ~

So with high expectations, I started reading.

Meet Jack McKinley, Aly Black, Cass Williams, and Marco Ramsay, the four main characters of this series. Together, they encounter ancient secrets, twisting tunnels, and run away from people who want to kill them. Yet at the same time, do they really know who to trust? It's up to these four unlucky 'superheros' to save the world. Each of them have a certain character trait that makes them uniquely special- stronger, faster, smarter. These are called their G7W talents. Yet it'll take them more than that to save the world. They'll have to work together. 

Peter Lerangis wrote an intriguing adventure novel full of peril, danger, and friends. However, one thing I have to say that in this book, I got lost sometimes- his writing confused me from time to time- on how the sentences were layed out. 

I recommend this to ages 8-12. It's an okay book, and will keep you entertained when you're bored!

*** I give this book a 7.8 out of 10! ***

No comments:

Post a Comment