Monday, December 23, 2013

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green


Hello everyone! I'm back- winter break has just started! And to start off, I decided to review one of my very favourite books- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green.

Also the author for Looking for Alaska, John Green is an amazing writer. He is also the author of many other books, including An Abundance Of Katherines, Paper Towns, and Will Grayson, Will Grayson. I loved all his books and suggest you to read them very much!

The Fault in Our Stars is a heartbreaking novel of two teens with cancer, that will make you want to die of laughter and sob at the same time. This book is probably my favourite of all the books John Green has wrote, and that's saying a lot- his books are all so amazing. A raw, energizing novel, it brilliantly explores the funny, thrilling, and tragic business of being alive and in love. And Hazel Grace and Augustus Waters are hopelessly in love. Featuring the Literal Heart of Jesus, a lonely swing set, and a writer with no heart, John Green wrote a straight forward yet touching tale that everyone should enjoy and love!

I recommend this book to young adult readers. It's a hilarious book that everyone will cry over. By the end of the book, I was sobbing. Be sure to read this book before the movie comes out in the summer! It is amazingly written and beautifully crafted, after all. He may write to the young adults, and yet he writes for all the kids- the ones with over-protective mothers and fathers, and especially the ones who are suffering from cancer. He speaks to all the doctors and nurses in the universe, and also to the patients in the hospitals. 

"Qualities of a Good Nurse: Go," I said.
"1. Doesn't pun on your disability," Isaac said.
"2. Gets blood on the first try," I said.
"Seriously, that is huge. I mean is this my freaking arm or a dartboard? 3. No condescending voice."
"How are you doing, sweetie?" I asked, cloying. "I'm going to stick you with a needle now. There might be a little ouchie."

Seriously... this book will make you die from laughter.

***I give this book a 10 out of 10! I LOVED IT!!!***

No comments:

Post a Comment