Monday, July 21, 2014

Book One of the Atlanteans: The Lost Code by Kevin Emerson



Another day, another blurry picture of a shiny hardcover book... Yay... Anyways, I had my misgivings about this book when I first picked it up, (yes, I know, never judge a book by it's cover, but it's hard....) but I think it's safe to say that it's a pretty decent book. At the end, what got me to actually buy it was that Michael Grant had reviewed it. Michael Grant is the author of the Gone series, a series I started in England and thoroughly enjoyed. Yes, some people say that the reviews that authors do on books are actually written by authors who are paid to write them, who may or may not have even read the book.... But I decided to be positive and not look at it that way.

'What is oldest will be new, what was lost shall be found."

From the start, Owen Parker sets off onto a perilous adventure in a plausible dystopia where the ozone layer is nearly gone, ocean levels have gotten much higher, and the sun is always a dangerous enemy. It's Owen's time to make things right in his world that went wrong thousands of years ago. What would you do if you had the power to save humanity from its own self destruction?

Follow Owen as he goes throw high-stakes action, budding romance, and the chance to save the world.

I recommend this book to anyone who is really really really bored. While it isn't an especially note-worthily good book, it's entertaining to read. Although I personally didn't quite enjoy it, I'm sure there are a quite a few people who would enjoy it, but I didn't. Partially because it was slightly confusing and hard to stay with the action, and party because there are so many other books that are that much more well written.

*** I give this book a 7.4 out of 10***

No comments:

Post a Comment