Friday, July 11, 2014

Trips to Portland June 29-July 1

June 29th, 2014
10:00 a.m.
Morning. Jisoo here. I didn’t get to put in an entry before I got to sleep, not that I would’ve had much to say. My mom and I slept on one queen bed while my cousin and aunt inhibited the other. My dad slept in between all of us, on his little roller bed that creaked like insanity. Actually, I have no clue if insanity creaks… Probably doesn’t. Anyhow, I didn’t especially love this particular hotel, and I’m hoping for better accommodations in the Great Wolf Lodge. I’m definitely going to enjoy the swimming part, that’s for sure.
Before going to sleep, we stayed up and watched a bit of tele. Shingeki no Kyojin dubbed and Bleach was on, which was entertaining, although I really do hate the dubs… The characters sound totally different and really bad… That’s why I make it a habit of mine to watch subs, unless it’s pokemon… After the subs I sometimes go ahead and watch the dubs— I did watch the dubbed version of Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood and Fullmetal Alchemist, so…
Our breakfast consisted of a Caesar salad along with bread, which we ate in our hotel room while watching the Matrix. Remind me that I need to watch Matrix again. 
I still need to buy souvenirs for my friends… That’s going to be a bit of a hassle. I wonder what I’l buy people.
We’re on our way to Wolf Lodge right now, so I’m looking forward to going for a dip in the pool ASAP.
We’re on our way to Washington Square to do our duty as visitors and be tourists. We’re around 5 minutes away. Yay…. Tourist activities….. My favourite…
I’ll be back soon,
Ivy

1:02 p.m.
Back from Washington Square. It was stupendously boring. I don’t see what people think is so great about Washington Square other than the fact that there’s an Abercrombie and a Hollister there. It’s seriously not worth it if you ask me. Sure, food court is nice and everything— there’s also a really clean washroom which is nice, but I didn’t really think much of it.
Finally, we are on our way to Wolf Lodge, which is awesome— I’m so looking forwards to getting into some water and finally getting some swimming done! Plus, it’s an indoor pool, so we don’t even have to put on sunscreen. Huzzah! Apparently there’s a bunch of water slides and a wave pool and stuff. Excited!
Putting to sleep,
Ivy

June 30th, 2014
10:03 p.m.
Alright sorry about that. I completely skipped out on my regular update yesterday, but to my defence, I was tired. Extremely so. The word ‘exhausted’ doesn’t do a full 6 hours of swimming justice. So picking up where I had left off…
After we checked in, we made our way straight to the swimming pool. It was more like a water park with swimming pools though… It was extremely… Interesting. There was a wave pool and a kiddies pool, and two pools for ride exit tunnels. Overall, a pretty big place. The actual water park was actually really cool, and I enjoyed playing with my family in there, squirting water at each other.
I gotta go to sleep now,
Ivy

July 1st, 2014
10:36 a.m.
Canada Day and I’m in the US. Classic… We’re on our way back, though. We’ll back back late evening, I bet. We won’t be doing much other than like shopping at Seattle outlets a bit and mostly just driving. I’ll have a bit of time to write and do some blog entries. I think that most of my time will be spent listening to music and pitter pattering at the keyboard.
Anyways, thinking back to the pool… There were four different slides you could ride on. Two of them you need to lug up a tube (single or double) to the top of the slide and go down again. Those were the dark green and light blue slides. They were on the lower floor than the top floor slides. On the top floor were the slides that you didn’t need to carry a tube up to, but rather you just needed to go up with at least two people. For the Howling Tornado, they put you in a yellow tube that fit 4 people. On the other ride which I forget the name of, but it was darker blue, they put you in a donut shaped grey tube thing. That one fits up to 5 people. Personally, I thought that the Howling Tornado was the most thrilling, and wished that the other one would spin a bit more… Still, it was pretty fun, although the line ups swelled a few times, and it was a bit of lining up. However, the single or duo tube slides were pretty free most of the time, and didn’t require a lot of waiting, which was nice.
The wave pol was extremely entertaining. There were two shifts— the boring straight soft waves which were just really good for bobbing, and the huge wonking swelly waves that were great for drinking lots of water. It was pretty awesome.
The wave pool, water park, and slides were pretty much the three apparatuses that I used the most, but there was also a jacuzzi that lead to the outdoors as well. the GWL water park things are pretty awesome, I think!
Outside of the GWL water park, there was also an arcade (which was expensive but awesome) and something called MQ. MQ is short for MagiQuest and it was quite interesting to see little kids running around the hotel waving small wands around.
Also, I’m off to dream land,
Ivy

8:24 p.m. 
Back at home. This will probably be my last entry about Portland. So after my last entry, we went to a mall (Westfield mall) and I bought the last of my friends’ things, a smoothie, a frappe, and left for Vancouver.

At the border, we encountered a heavenly surprise. Less than 5 minutes to go over the border. Wowzy. We got there at 7:00 and by 7:04 we were over on Canadian soil. There were exactly three cars ahead of us, and it was magical!!!
Now I’m back in my house, and my trip to Portland is all wrapped up. I’ll talk to you later,
Ivy

No comments:

Post a Comment