Friday, July 18, 2014

Let the Sky Fall by Shannon Messenger


When I first picked up this book, I had two thoughts-- one was: wow that seems like a really uncomfortable way to hug someone... the other was: Let the Skyfall? Like Adele? Right. However, it turned out to be a good, fluffy read (like the clouds. Ha! Get my joke? Ehehheh.... ). Personally, I enjoyed the book, and this series by Shannon Messenger is bound to capture the attention of many teenage girls (not that it'll capture the attention of only teenage girls, but most teen girls will enjoy it) and keep them entertained.

Shannon Messenger writes a funny, thrilling and at the same time romantic novel that talks about all the hardships of being in love with a wind guardian. Meet vane Weston and Audra, our two main characters. They are caught up in a complicated and dangerous position with so much they have to do and yet so little time. Audra is a sylph, an air elemental who can walk on the wind, and even turn it into a weapon. She's also a guardian and so she has sworn an oath to protect Vane at all costs.

At their present place, it is vital not to make any mistakes and to treat carefully. If they are found out by their enemy, Vane's parents' murderers, it might just be the end.

I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys reading thrillers with romance, and any girls that are tweens and up. I don't even know why I've gotten so caught up with fluffy romance books these days, but bear with me. Besides, this book is actually pretty good! The only thing that I would say about it would be that it had its boring moments where I just wanted to skip ahead. That being said, all books have their faults!

***I give this book a 8.2 out of 10***

No comments:

Post a Comment