Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Gregor the Overlander


To be honest, I did not know this series existed until magically, yesterday, I saw it at Costco. I walked into the book section and then: "Oh. My. Gosh. Is that Suzanne Collins??? I'm buying that."
So, now I own the whole series, and I just started reading them yesterday, having finished one book already.

Just like the Hunger Games, Gregor the Overlander is very captivating and a very fast-paced adventure tale. Sort of along the lines of the Beyonders series, another series I really enjoyed, Gregor the Overlander tells of an eleven year old boy by the name of Gregor who finds himself in the Underland. The Underland is a pretty mysterious place of giant bats, spiders, rats, lizards, mice, ants, and humans. It's a pretty perplexing society that Gregor finds himself in with his 2 year old sister, Boots. Yet this fragile place they have landed in is just about to fall apart.

Gregor wants nothing to do with such a strange place like this and its inhabitants. Yet when he discovers that he is part of a strange prophecy which foretells a role for him in the Underland, he may discover that it's the only way to solve the biggest mystery he's ever run into. As he makes undeniable and unforgettable ties in the Underworld, this book is the start of an amazing series by Suzanne Collins. 

I recommend this book to all kids and teens. It's a great book, and it will capture your attention and keep it until you finish the book! Suzanne Collins really is an amazing writer- writing such an amazing series of The Hunger Games and even the Underland Chronicles!

***I give this book a 9.8 out of 10!!!***

No comments:

Post a Comment