Wednesday, July 17, 2013

The Element Encyclopedia of Magical Creatures



This book was given to me by my creative writing mentor, and I treasure it. It's the perfect guide for any fantasy-creatures-loving person, and the title says it all. Written by John and Caitlin Matthews, The Element Encyclopedia of Magical Creatures is basically an A to Z dictionary of every magical creature you could think of from Myth and magic.

John and Caitlin Matthews are two of the most well-respected experts in the area of mythology and folklore. If you read this book and decide that it's really good, I suggest you read some of the other books they've written: 'The Dream Dictionary from A to Z' 'The Element Encyclopedia of Secret Signs and Symbols' 'The Element Encyclopedia of 1000 spells' 'The element Encyclopedia of Secret Societies' 'The Element Encyclopedia of Birthdays' and 'The Element Encyclopedia of Ghosts and Hauntings'. I personally really want to get 'The Element Encyclopedia of 1000 spells' and 'The Element Encyclopedia of Secret Societies,' and 'The Element Encyclopedia of Secret Signs and Symbols'. How cool would that be to be able to read all the secrets signs and such?

One thing I really got from this book was a sound knowledge of mythical and magical creatures. It has everything you could ever want to know about every magical creature, and it's the next best thing to my dictionary when it comes to writing fantasy stories! It's any fantasy writer's dream encyclopedia!

*** I give this book a 10 out of 10!***

No comments:

Post a Comment