Thursday, March 27, 2014

California Academy of Sciences (and my 200th post!!!)


Well, this is my 200th post, so I decided to make it something special-- my favourite tourist place in San Francisco. The California Academy of Sciences. This may be slightly confusing, as I was just in Seattle a post ago, but... 200th post. Something special. I didn't want to waste my 200th post talking about my hotel (which was pretty swell), and Panera Breads (I still think Tim Horton's is better). Anyways, moving on to the California Academy of Sciences. This tourist place was in the middle of my trip. I went on Monday, which did me well. There are reviews of it being extremely busy and the parking expensive, but the parking is free for 4 hours if you manage to park on the road, and don't mind walking a little. Also, save the few school groups there, it was relatively calm.

The size of the Academy of Sciences took me by surprise. I didn't expect it to be so small. That being said, it's the perfect size to just whisk around. The aquarium exhibit is really downright impressive. I really loved that the displays were nice, and the fish seemed to be well-kept. As a big animal person, I knew that part of me was against looking at the exhibits of animals, but then I decided that I really needed to see them. So I went.

Just look at that adorable turtle!! The Academy of Sciences is really amazing, and somewhere you have got to visit. It's an absolute must visit tourist spot!! And I haven't even got to the rainforest yet!

This certain exhibition was definitely something. it had a ramp leading through all the levels of the Rainforest, and in each level, the temperature changed. It was full of life-- flora, and insects and macaws. Absolutely beautiful, it was that touch of nature within a man-made place! I loved it. Absolutely loved it.

Two things left to talk about, including Dark Universe, and the penguins...

Seriously, I can't say that the screen for Dark Universe wasn't impressive. It was really impressive. Huge, while we're at it. However, if you're really no comsology person, just don't watch it... It nearly put me to sleep. That's not saying that it wasn't good. The film was extremely educational. It's just saying that it went in one ear and out the other for me....

Last and least, the penguins. I refused to take a photo at those poor souls. You would think that a place that took such a hefty admission fee would find the time and money to offer them a much better home! I demand their release- they looked miserable and terribly groomed!!!

However, that being said, minus the penguins, this is a great place and I did really enjoy it! Everyone should visit there at least once, in my opinion! I recommend this place to people who love nature, wildlife, and science in general!

***I give this place a 8 out of 10. Because of the penguins,***

No comments:

Post a Comment