Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein


Seriously-- I really really enjoyed reading this book. When I first opened this book and started reading, I was utterly... confused. That's not to say that it was a bad book-- it was a great read, but it kind of puzzled me at the beginning. After a while, you start piecing together bits and pieces about the setting, the characters, and whole situation.

"I have two weeks.
You'll shoot me at the end
No matter what I do."

How much more cryptic can you get? I think it was nice that I started reading Code Name Verity without very much background knowledge on the characters and the plot line in general- it left things for the author to decide (like how much I know on British warfare (aka nothing)). I really loved this book because of the fact that you can read it even if you have no knowledge what so ever upon the topic of discussion-- Elizabeth Wein just does that well of a job describing the characters, and setting up the world for the reader to enter!

I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys spy novels, friendship novels, and adventure novels. Code Name Verity will open your eyes to the tough bonds of loyalty to your country and to the ones you love. This slightly puzzling book will keep your mind reeling right to the finish!

***I give this book a 9.3 out of 10!***

No comments:

Post a Comment