Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Ao No Exorcist/ Blue Exorcist



Ahhh... Ao No Exorcist. A rather beautiful manga in my opinion, and an even better anime. I like it. You should like it. Haven't read it? Go read it. Haven't watched it? Go watch it. Seriously, it's actually really good.

Kazue Kato weaves a parallel universe of Exorcists and demons. Meet Rin Okumura, a hybrid between a mortal woman and Satan. Due to this, Rin has powers that, quite frankly, he has no idea how to use. Also, he has a tail that he tries to keep concealed. I can't give too much information about Rin without spoiling the series, but he plans to become an Exorcist as well.

Yukio Okumura is Rin's brother, and a downright genius. He's the youngest student to become an instructor at the Exorcism Cram School, which Rin goes to. He's a pretty great exorcist, and usually is cool headed and thinks things out, unlike Rin who enjoys blinding rushing in to save everyone. Although he often talks to Rin like an older brother, he is Rin's younger brother.

Blue Exorcist is a series, so I suggest that you read it in order. Especially with this manga-- Rin develops his powers and himself as a person in every volume, so I suggest that you read in order, or else you may not recognize him, because he changed so much. Also, it's important to read from the beginning because you get introduced to characters and you also will get the flashbacks when they happen in later chapters.

I suggest Ao No Exorcist to anyone who enjoys supernatural fantasy books, and anyone who enjoys anime or manga! I would say that this would be a bit bloody and filled with coarse language for children, so I recommend it to teens and older people.

***I rate this series a 9.7 out of 10!!***

No comments:

Post a Comment