Monday, June 16, 2014

The Fault in Our Stars ( Movie )


"I fell in love the way you fall asleep:
slowly, then all at once."

Four words. Just go see it. It's an amazing movie that makes you want to sob and laugh at the same time. Based off of the novel The Fault in Our Stars by John Green, this movie will move you to tears, due to the totally sad yet beautiful and amazing story line. Really just GO WATCH IT. I really enjoyed this movie especially because it didn't stray from the book, unlike *ahem* Percy Jackson. At first, when I walked in the movie theater, 10 at night, I had my misgivings. 'Could they actually do a good job of making such a great book into a movie???' I'm glad to say that they brought it to justice!

John Green. One of my favourite, if not favourite, authors. He's an amazing writer that can make pretty much anyone sob and clutch at their stomachs in laughter at the same time. I guarantee that by the end of the movie, you'll have cried at LEAST once. For me, I'm not ashamed to say that I practically cried the whole half of the movie. It's just so *sniffle* sad!! Welcome to Hazel Lancaster Grace (played by Shailene Woodley), and Augustus Water's (played by Ansel Elgort) world. It's full of oblivion, cancer, and love. While we're at it, welcome to the land of the saddest teen love story ever. I won't spoil ANY of this amazing movie for you, because you WILL. GO. AND WATCH. IT. However, did you know that Augustus and Hazel are played by the actors who played Tris and Caleb in Divergent? Siblings in one movie, lovers in the next... That's how the movie world goes! 

I recommend this movie to teens and adults alike. Not really to children, due to some scenes in the movie, and seeing that one of the main themes in this book/movie are love and death... This is a movie any romance lover has to watch, actually make that all teens. It's a great movie based on an even BETTER book that has amazing quotes that never get old. Seriously.

*** I give this movie a 10 out of 10! Spectacular!***

"You say you're not special because the world doesn't know about you, but that's an insult to me.
 I know about you."

No comments:

Post a Comment