Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Witch and Wizard: The Fire by James Patterson


It's that time of year again for daily reviews. Today's book review is The Fire from the Witch and Wizard series. This is the third book in the series, and I do suggest that you read at least the first book before anything, because well... you'll be extremely confused at the whole witch and wizard things. 

The first thing that I have to say about this book is that I need to note the author-- James Patterson, also wrote the Maximum Ride series (a series that had me entertained for a very long time, I can tell you), and is actually a very good teen/ older children writer. He has a knack for being able to bring a story, especially an action story, to life. I enjoy his writing a lot. However, I can't say that this was one of his finer works. I found the book to be slightly really confusing, seeing how the point of view changes inconsistently between Whit and Wisty, who both have 'W' names, mind you, and it's very utterly confusing. While I read the book, I had to keep flipping back to see exactly who I have reading about...

Whit and Wisty are a bit bland of characters-- they don't change much. I do enjoy character development, but they seem to have a particular lack of it... In fact, most characters in this book don't have much character development... Talk about Dickens style... It was the worst of times, it was the best of times...

That being said, it was much better than Twilight, or City of Heavenly Fire, so I am happy. It actually had a plot! I was ecstatic at the characters in the story, and even more at the plot development... Sincerely, I thoroughly liked this book, just got lost a few times...

I recommend this book to teens and older children, because there's quite a bit of action. Also, if you like your action books with absolutely no romance, don't go for this one...

*** I give this book a 8.2 out of 10.***

No comments:

Post a Comment