Thursday, June 26, 2014

Temptation by Karen Ann Hopkins


Yes... Yet another teenage romance  novel... I seem to be reading a lot of these these days... Temptation by Karen Ann Hopkins is the first in a trilogy. Seriously, I don't even know why I started this trilogy. Maybe for a book to read? Maybe for a lack of things to do? Eh. I don't even know... All I can say is... I wish I hadn't.

If you read my review on The City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare, you would know that I have a thing about having to finish a series that I start. That got me in trouble with the Mortal Instruments series, and it did with this series as well. Okay let's get this straight: I don't particularly love romance novels. I have no clue what came over me to get me to take this book out of the library, but I did. And now I am suffering the consequences. Too much lovey-dovey makes me want to puke, to be honest. And seriously? This series has exactly that. Ugh ick.

I'm sure someone out there really loves reading cheesy romance that you know the outcome of without even finishing the series. For gods' sakes, people even read Twilight and like it! For the record, this series is way better than Twilight. That doesn't mean it's good, it just means it's better than Twilight, which is not saying much. If you think you might like it, go ahead. Read it. If you don't like overly romantic novels that don't even make sense because the characters go through ridiculous problems that make themselves dig themselves into their own graves, don't. Karen Ann Hopkins is a lovely writer for romance lovers... Just not for me. I'll stick with my Harry Potter and Artemis Fowl, thanks. Better the magician hunted by a guy with no nose, and a criminal mastermind than some soppy romance story. That's the way to go...

I just didn't really enjoy the book. The end. I recommend this book to teens and older, and to people who enjoy lots and lots of romance. Knock yourself out.

***I rate this book a 7.6 out of 10.***

No comments:

Post a Comment