Tuesday, September 2, 2014

The Secret Language of Horses by Heather Dunphy



Your horse obsessed girl back to help you with your riding! ...Jokes. I couldn't help myself with my own riding, never mind you at this point in time... I'm going to be completely honest with you. I got this book only because I really really wanted that free shipping from Chapters. So I bought the cheapest book I thought I would enjoy, which was this. So now you know-- it's a good price at under $5.

That's not to say it's a bad book. Actually, it's extremely informative from the horse breeds to communication with your horse. I love this book, honestly. It can be useful for the most beginner riders to the riders with their own horse. There is a vast amount of knowledge in the 190 pages within this book, and I suggest that all horse lovers read this. I found that this book actually was pretty similar to the material covered in the English Rider 1 and 2 books, complete with descriptions of horses and stable vices.

Heather Dunphy wrote a book that would benefit most equine lovers, and most people will walk away from this book with at least one thing new. I think it was well-put together and it was an entertaining and informative read. I recommend this book to all people who love horses, and all the horse owners. You might find that within the pages of this small encyclopedia, you might find the key to finally getting to know what your horse is saying.With lots of tips and equine facts, I particularly liked this book due to its size.

Most encyclopedias are grossly huge. Take WorldBook, for instance. How many volumes makes the whole encyclopedia?? Don't even want to know... On the other hand, this book is light to read, but none the less packed with cool facts and the key to a confident rider and a happy horse.

***I give this book a 9.1 out of 10.***

No comments:

Post a Comment