Friday, August 1, 2014

A Series of Fortunate Rides-- The Future Close and Far: My Horseback Riding Tales

Study study study study study study...

Well now that we're all caught up with my present, I guess we could move on towards the future. What am I thinking of in my riding future other than getting broke? That's a good question... I guess a part of me wants to at least get to the level that I could become a horseback riding coach, although my final destination would to become a vet. That being said having another option open is never a bad idea, and I do really love riding, so I decided to start taking the English Rider tests. There goes another $80 or so... *sigh* That's just too bad. When horseback riding, money has always been the problem for me. Money and time... However... If you, dear readers, take pity on me, there is a way for you to help me out. How? Hmmm....

You see, my blog is hooked up to Google Ads. That being said, I get money every time someone clicks on an ad. Therefore, even if you just take the time to give an ad a click, I may get up to a dollar! And I mean it, every cent counts. However, the biggest present of all is that someone actually takes the time to read about my life... Thank you everyone!

Back to horseback riding.... This month, I will be attempting to take my Rider 1 and my Rider 2 exam. :3 The riding part will hardly be any difficultly, I don't think, but the written part will have it's own problems for me. Including cramps. According to Jen, the test is written in essay format, not multiple choice. I will have to walk in completely prepared for the test. In order to pass, I need to get at least 70%. Better than a driver's test, but in another way, worse....

I am hoping to continue horseback riding at least once a month after summer comes and goes, as I really do wish to get better. However, I seem to be in need of a laptop as well. I need your help-- should I get a MackBook Air, or a package of 10 riding lessons? Please, make sure to vote on the poll above, if you wish to share your opinion with me! 

All I have to say about my riding now, is that... I'll keep trying, and thank you, parents, for letting me ride and driving me to my stables every week. I really really appreciate it. It's a sport that I'm not going to give up on any time soon, and I promised myself to never abandon. I personally think it's a great way to exercise, as well as make new friends! Some people believe that dogs are man's best friends, but to me, Teddy is much closer than any dog I've ever met. All the horses and people that I have spent my time with during the time I've been riding have made their way straight into my heart. Love them all: Teddy, Crystal, Gretchen, Charm, Sebastian, Chester, Julia, Izzy, and last but not least, Jen. Dear Jen with the heart of a horse, and yet still managed to scare me every now and then.... Heh... She's determined, strict, understanding, and compassionate, and has got me totally head over heels about riding.

There are times, undoubtedly, where I ran into setbacks, whether that be not having enough money to ride, or having to master a hard gait (ahem sitting trot, I'm talking to you...), but I've pushed past them, with only a few falls. And in the future, I look forward to spending even more time with all the horses and people that made my own dream of riding possible, and keep fueling it now! Time and time again, I remind myself...
"No one ever drowned in their own sweat."

What doesn't kill me makes me stronger, right? So far, I don't seem to have died yet. Not to mention that I am insanely in debt to my parents for feeding my riding urge for until now, piling on hay loads of money towards a sport that I really thought would end at 'recreational...' Again, I thought my dancing would end at recreational as well... Not to mention driving me, buying me my apparel, and just being there for me!

Last but not least! Thank you, reader, for taking the time of your busy day to read about... Me? It's really much much appreciated, and if any of you are interested in riding..... How should I phrase this...

Go get 'em, tiger!

Ciao for now!
Love,
Ivy

Rest in peace dear Sierra. You were an extremely sweet horse with a gentle, kind, compassionate character. You will be very missed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*End of Part Five*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

( For now. ;) )

No comments:

Post a Comment