Friday, August 1, 2014

A Series of Fortunate Rides-- In Another Life: My Horseback Riding Tales

Pretty good picture, don't you agree?

Isn't my stables absolutely beautiful in the summer? I think so too. Chester's the one with the fly mask on, and Crystal the one in the paddock next to him. I can never really get over how astoundingly.... large my stable is. Nowadays, this place is my life on Sundays. Horses, the prickly feel of hay, and the hot sun beating down on my back are what makes me me. Summer months are always so hot, but this summer, I don't mind it so much. Sure, the mosquitoes bug me, and my whole shorts and tees outfit doesn't do me good when I try to work with hay, but at least it means I can spend more time with horses.... I think my recount on horseback riding lessons is nearly over-- you are all pretty caught up to the present day rider in me.

I was back at my stables this summer, much to my delight. I paid half the amount to fund for my riding package of 10 with the money I managed to save up from tutoring and such. Making money is unfortunately very hard... I do love riding, it's just like it's an extremely expensive sport, and I don't have an abundance of time to use on making money. To be honest, it's a big hassle trying to manage dancing, sword fighting, and studying in the first place. So what in the seven heavens is keeping me from throwing my hands up and calling it quits? I. Have. No. Clue. I love riding, love horses, and just cannot seem to tear myself away from me. It's like a drug, in all honesty. So I save up, buy a package, and treasure my lessons, and savor them. And for the rest of the time that I'm not in a lesson? I'm just helping out around the stable, whether that be grazing horses, grooming horses, or just sitting in a lesson with Jen. Anything to be around horses. Am I useful around the place? Ha... I frankly have no clue... It's mostly for my own enjoyment, but if it helps out others, I'd be more than happy to comply.

During this batch of ten lessons, I was put into a group with a boy named Joe. I'm sure that it'll end up mixing at the back of my brain as 'that package that I did with Joe', but for now, I'm just working on enjoying it. I have some very exciting news, though! Remember Izzy? Yes, Izzy from all the way back then? Well, it seems that I may be able to ride with her again!!! *squeals in delight* I'm really looking forward to getting back with the very first person I ever horseback rode with!!! I'd really love riding with her again. I also see Julia pretty much every week. I'm in touch with everyone for the most part, which is nice.

For now, I'm just soaking in the time I can spend with horses, whether that be when I'm feeding them or riding them, but I honestly fell in love with these graceful creatures super fast. I'm looking forward to both the close and far future!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*End of Part Four*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Click Here for Part Five

No comments:

Post a Comment