Tuesday, August 26, 2014

W.A.R.P The Hangman's Revolution by Eoin Colfer


The Hangman's Revolution is the sequel to the book The Reluctant Assassin, if you haven't read that, please don't spoil this for yourself and take the time to read it before going on to this one. They're both very interesting reads, I can assure you.

Eoin Colfer has been one of my favourite, if not favourite, author for a long time. Ever since I've read the Artemis Fowl series, I've made a point to try to hunt down all his books. Lucky for me, he started a new series right about then!

Now, if you've read The Reluctant Assassin, I'm assuming that you are already aware of our dear two characters, Chevron (aka Chevie) and Riley. However, unlike the last story, this book tells things from Chevie's world. Instead of being in Riley's time, Victorian England, she's back in her time England. Yet this England is a lot more different than the one she left. This England is run by followers of the Colonel Box, who control the country through intimidation and terror, Unfortunately, Chevie soon loses bits of her memory due to this present day timeline, and has difficulty in remembering her past history. That is, until she is again, turned back to the past. There, she meets up with Riley again. With the help of Riley and a few unlikely allies, she ventures into London's catacombs and derail the plans of the charismatic leader who is intent on using his knowledge of the future to seize power.

Eoin Colfer is well known (to me, anyways) for his intricate plots and plot twists. I honestly love his Artemis Fowl series like there is no tomorrow, and although I don't love this series as much as I love the Artemis Fowl series, I've got to say that it is an excellent read and that I recommend to anyone and everyone. Whether you have the need for a good book to read or you're just plain bored, Eoin Colfer will never fail to entertain. I suggest that teens read this, as the writing style may be slightly hard to get for kids.

***I give this book a 9.45 out of 10!***

No comments:

Post a Comment