Friday, August 8, 2014

The Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa

Note: The Eternity Code by Julie Kagawa is the second book in the Blood of Eden series. Again, it is suggested that you read the first book: The Immortal Rules, first, as it is a series. Also, if you wish to read more books by Julie Kagawa, her The Iron Fey series is also very popular, although personally I don't like it. If you haven't read the first book to this series, STOP, unless you want spoilers!

Alright... On with the review.

"In Allison Sekemoto's world, there is one rule left: Blood calls to blood."

Ahh.... the beauty of quotes... Let's see... where to begin...

I didn't especially like this book. I know I know. Another book I didn't like. This one's a bit of a different case though. I just don't like Julie Kagawa's writing style. But I started the series, so guess what? I have to finish it. 

Telling a story about a girl named Allison, also known as Allie, who was human and got turned into a vampire.  Now she's kicked from her town, Eden, and has to follow the tracks of her creator, or the one that turned her, Kanin. Little does she know that this journey will lead her back to her birthplace, New Covington. What she discovers there will change the whole world forever-- perhaps even ending human and vampire existence. A new plague is on the rise-- a strain of Red Lung virus that wiped out most humans generations ago, and this strain is fatal to both humans and vampires. The only way to prevent mass extinction is by reaching Kanin in time to reveal the secrets that he carries. What will happen when immortality is no longer forever?

Sure, it's a very catchy and interesting plot line-- in fact the, plot is amazing. It's complex, intriguing, and all that jazz. The one thing is that the writing is so... slow. Things don't have enough action, she takes too long getting places, and it's just not quality writing. If you can brave the boring, you'll be rewarded with the great twists in the plot-line, but unfortunately, I can't. I just don't like this book very much....

I recommend this book, if I had to, to teenagers who enjoy vampires, and anyone who enjoyed reading the Iron Fey series, because then obviously, you enjoy her style of writing.

***I give this book a 7.9 out of 10***

No comments:

Post a Comment