Thursday, March 12, 2015

BBC Sherlock


"The Game is on."



I think I have referred to this series at least once in my blog, so I thought I may as well shed some light on it.

For those who don't know Sherlock, the TV show, I am pleased to introduce you to this downright amazing TV series. Sherlock.

I don't make it a habit to watch TV. For gods' sakes, I don't even have cable in my home! Yet this TV series is the one TV series that my parents and I are eagerly anticipating the next season for. And by golly, does it take a ridiculous amount of time for them to make a new season... High expectations for 2016! But the cast all have other busy schedules (*ahem* The Hobbit... *ahem* Imitation Game) so they are pardoned.

So what is Sherlock even about? Well most of us are well acquainted to the Sherlock Holmes series by Arthur Conan Doyle. This is a tv show adaptation, and a contemporary version, to that series-- and they did a pretty good job of it, in my opinion. They did add one character (our dear pathologist, Molly Hooper), but she's awesome, so I don't care.



This TV series is literally all about Sherlock. Well, Sherlock and Watson. Dr. John Watson is a war veteran from the Afghanistan War. When he comes back home, he meets the downright genius but terrible-at-social-skills Sherlock Holmes. Sherlock, on his hand, serves as a consultant to Scotland Yard, and advertised for a flat mate and. Watson and Holmes find each other, and as soon as Watson moves into Baker Street, they are assaulted by waves and waves of mysteries. The plot only gets more intense as Sherlock's nemesis stepped into the game.

It's a game of highly intellectual people, and to all the people who say that it's a terrible show, I have only one thing to say...


John couldn't have said it better.

The one thing about this show is that while there are much fewer episodes, each one is like movie-length. So. In terms of time, you might need to sit through an episode of Sherlock for much longer than you'd have to stay seated for a different TV series. That being said, it's so good, you won't even notice the time slipping through your fingers.

So honestly, bored for spring break? Need a new tv show? Just. Watch. Sherlock.

You won't regret it! (Until you're so addicted to it you have to rewatch... and rewatch... and rewatch........)

***I give this TV series a 100000/10!!! I LOVE ITTTTTT //dances happy dance of love for Sherlock***

No comments:

Post a Comment