Monday, March 16, 2015

Prophecy of the Sisters: Guardian of the Gate by Michelle Zink

Warning. Contains spoilers.


'There are some lines
sisters should never cross.
Once they do,
nothing will ever be the same.'

So.... yeah second book to the Prophecy of the Sisters Trilogy, Guardian of the Gate, in which sixteen year old Lia Milthrope continues on her journey to end an ancient prophecy that has made generations and generations of sisters hate each other. If you haven't read the first book, Prophecy of the Sisters, this would be a good time to stop reading.

Now that she has accepted her responsibilities as Gate, Lia journeys to the unchartered isle of Atlus to search for the missing pages of the book. This book could tell her how to end this prophecy once and for all. On the other hand, Alice, Lia's twin sister, is honing her spell-casting skills. Her deepest wish is to reclaim Lia's role as the Gate, and Alice will stop at nothing to obtain it.

Personally, I didn't like this second book as much as I enjoyed the first book. This one had a lot more of an aspect of romance in it, which I didn't really enjoy. Also, as the novel progressed, I got to dislike the main character more and more, and like Alice more. By the end of the book, I could safely say that I much preferred Alice over Lia, which was probably due to the perfection of the protagonist. I really really hate Mary Sues.

My enthusiasm for this series started to dwindle at Guardian of the Gate, but there is one more book after this, called Circle of Fire.

I don't recommend this series to anyone who doesn't like reading about Mary Sues. And honestly, they are the worst. That being in my opinion....

***I give this book a 6.7 out of 10***

No comments:

Post a Comment