Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink


I can't believe I haven't done a book review of this yet... So here it is, admittedly long overdue.

Two sisters, a prophecy, good, and evil. Cliched, yes, but good none the less. Twin sisters Lia and Alice Milthorpe have just turned into orphans.  Now, they're caught up in a twisted prophecy that has managed to turn generations of sisters against one another. Lia and Alice are now at a loss of who to trust. All they know is that they cannot trust each other. 

While the idea for this book is not overly original, I did really enjoy reading this book, just because of the relationship between Alice and Lia. Even though Lia is the one telling the story, the reader (or at least, I did) can really sympathize with Alice. Personally, I think that I preferred Alice to Lia at some points in the story... In this book, you will run into many strange things, as you follow Lia's story in dealing with this Prophecy of Sisters. 

Personally, this is a series of books I remember really really enjoying when I read them-- I devoured this book when I first got it, and then quickly went on to the second book, 'Guardian of the Gate'. While it's not a masterpiece like Artemis Fowl, I did enjoy reading it-- it's a great boredom chaser. While the writing is intricate and intriguing, the plot line does have a bit lacking...

I recommend this book to people who are in search of a good book to read to keep away the boredom demons during spring break, or someone in need of a good siblings rivalry novel, or a good prophecy novel!

***I give this book a 8.58 out of 10**

No comments:

Post a Comment