Wednesday, March 11, 2015

The Imitation Game



'Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine.'

Fear not. I'm not here to fangirl about Benedict Cumberbatch because I am a huge fan of Sherlock... And Smaug. But yesterday, I finally watched The Imitation Game!

I had high expectations of this movie-- I had heard lots and lots of amazing things about this movie, and I'm glad to report that this movie was definitely worth all the high praise that it had been getting!

If you haven't watched this movie yet, I highly recommend it. Based on a true story, this movie is set in World War II, on how a mathematician and genius, Alan Turing, works alongside a hand full of other geniuses to crack the German coding system, Enigma. Enigma is rumored to be unbreakable, and has been the cause of millions of deaths in England. This team of workers and him seek to break Enigma, but time is running scarce, and there are many many setbacks to his mission. Yet they work hard, to try to break the unbreakable code, and to ultimately win the war.

"Alan Turing: I like solving problems, commander, And Enigma is the most difficult problem in the world.

Commander Denniston: Enigma isn't difficult, it's impossible. The Americans, the Russians, the French, the Germans, everyone thinks Enigma is unbreakable.

Alan Turing: Good. Let me try and we'll know for sure, won't we?"

Follow the math genius and extremely socially unaware Alan Turing as he and his group of 'friends' attempt to crack the 'uncrackable' code.

It's an amazing movie. I cannot stress that enough. It's brilliant, entertaining, and startling. I absolutely loved it, and so did my friend, who I watched it with. I honestly think it's a movie worth watching for everyone. Mind you, if you can understand it. I recommend it to ages 14 and up, since it does have quite a bit of the comprehension role in the movie-- not only is it about winning a war, but it is also a battle of wits and time. I can happily agree to all the great things that have been said about this movie-- it deserves the highest of praises. While it's no action movies, the movie really gets you entranced, and you get to know Alan Turing and the other characters so well. It's wonderfully made, and it will honestly make you fall deep into the story. You won't even notice two hours passing!

***I give this move a 10/10. Just positively amazing.***

No comments:

Post a Comment