Saturday, March 14, 2015

TED Talks: I got 99 problems... palsy is just one


Many of you are probably familiar with TED Talks. I love TED Talks, and so admire the people who find themselves on this stage, giving talks for the rest of our enjoyment.

This morning, I decided to watch this certain TED Talk by Maysoon Zayid. Maysoon Zayid is an Arab-American comedian, who also happens to have cerebral palsy. And for everyone who doesn't know what the heck this cerebral palsy is, here's a dictionary definition of it: a form of paralysis believe to be caused by a prenatal brain defect or by brain injury during birth, most marked in certain motor areas and characterized by difficulty in control f the voluntary muscles. Basically, due to her 'drunk doctor' that messed up, Zayid was born with a disability that causes her to shake. And to never stop shaking.

Through her TED Talk, she tells everyone on how she grew up, alongside making jokes that has the audience roaring in laughter. Believe me, I was laughing right along with them. This TED Talk is less serious, and more about enjoying the story that Zayid has to share about her life. However, at the same time, it's empowering. That's why I loved watching this TED Talk so much. It's empowering and hilarious at the same time, and Zayid really gets you into her life story.

I just wanted to share this amazing TED Talk with you, and if you're in the mood to be inspired, or just to have some laughs, I fully recommend this video!

No comments:

Post a Comment