Monday, July 2, 2012

Borough Market

The Borough Market is really similar to the Granville Island in Vancouver. It is basically a little market which people go to pick up little goods and other things as such. When I stayed at London, I stayed at the Novotel that was pretty close to the market. So on the first day, I made liberties to go to the Market and just browse along. I found the Borough Market to be a nice and sheltered place to be on a windy day, and also full of activity. If you get to see the Borough Market sign, be sure to pop in and have a look.
Entrance of the Borough Market
 
However, I do warn you that much like a mall, the Borough Market has a schedule of its own. From Mondays to Wednesdays, they are open from 10am to 3pm, on Thursdays they are open from 11am to 5pm, on Fridays 12pm to 6pm, and on Saturdays, 8am to 5pm. We only got to visit the Borough Market once because of the schedule.

When you step inside of the Borough Market, there are many things to see and eat. When I went in, the first thing that i saw was this:
First Shop that I saw

Most of the shops are selling food- healthy pistachios that taste like candy, and much alike. The people there are really generous- if you wish to talk to them about their products, they will be more than happy to!
 Inside the Borough Market, There is Tons of Food

If you wish to go to the Borough Market someday, check out this site: http://www.boroughmarket.org.uk/ or type in 'Borough Market' on Google and it will probably send you to this site! I hope you have as much fun as me in the Borough Market!

No comments:

Post a Comment