Friday, July 6, 2012

The Eurostar

I was lucky enough to have the chance to ride the Eurostar. But before looking at the Eurostar Train, I would like to tell you a little bit about the London Eurostar station.

The London Eurostar station is located within the St. Pancras station. The St. Pancras station is located next to the Kings Cross Station, and it is a large, grand building. If you wish to shop for London souvenirs, I recomend that you not check in and go into the train-waiting area due to the fact that there are close to no shops once you get in. So come early and mingle around at the shops- there is more than one place that you can eat at, not to mention a lot of places that are great for souvenirs. There are also bookstores and much more. I personally didn't have that much time to spend looking around and didn't even get to explore the whole place, which was a bummer. I really really really really love the St. Pancras station, and I ended up buying my friends souvenirs all from a certain Cath Kidston store that I loved! All in all, I loved London!!!!!

Now, the actual train is really nice as well. It's pretty long, and it moves really fast. With some people, I find that they believe that the Eurostar travels mostly underground, but that's not true. It only travels underground for around twenty to thirty minutes in total in the three hours that it takes to get from London to Paris. I was very pleased at the niceness of the Eurostar- even when you head underground, you can barely feel it except for a little pressure on your ears. It really helps if you have a good book, as I was burrowed in my own book for most of the trip. Also, you don't stay underground for twenty minutes straight- you bob down, then resurface a few minutes afterwards- one to two minutes at a time. It was quite comfortable and the train even has a snack cart, which I found immensely helpful. It does get rocky at some times but personally, I don't find it too bad. There are some intervals- it isn't a straight route to Paris- they stop sometimes. If you find that boredom really gets into you, I recommend that you bring a book, just in case. But the scenery outside is really nice, not that I ventured a lot into looking out into nature on this trip that much, and there is a lot of green- I'm sure you will be just fine.

I hope you have as much of an enjoyable experience in London and on the Eurostar as I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment