Friday, July 20, 2012

Galeries Lafayette

A lot of people know about the 'grand' Galeries Lafayette Department Store. However, I have to say that when I went, it was really crowded. There was hardly any breathing space! Lafayette is a grand store- it almost looked like an opera center! The ceiling was  nice and high, and if you make your way to the center of Lafayette, you will be able to view an amazing-looking ceiling. But you won't be able to stand there staring at the sky for very long before the crowd jostles you along, and eager shoppers stomp on your feet. I think that it is a great place- if you keep moving and avoid getting stepped on! The crowds there are huge, but I think that it is mostly the worst on the first floor- it gets slightly better as you escalate up the floors.
Ceiling of Lafayette

In Lafayette, I bought my most treasured souvenir from Europe- my Waterman fountain pen. It is really nice, in my opinion, and it cost quite a bit of money. However, I tried it out, and I have to say that it runs really really well and I think that Waterman fountain pens are awesome! A recommendation from me to fountain pen users- use Waterman or Mont Blanc!

There isn't really that much to say about Lafayette, except for the fact that there is a lot of people, and even though it is very large, (or at least looks very large) that many people inside? Way too crowded. Perhaps they should add some expansions.... Very stuffy..... But if you can ignore all the noise, you will find somethings you love, like I got my fountain pen! The rest of the mall store place is pretty self-explanatory. It's nice and some will love it while others not. I hope you get the chance to look around it and poke at a bit of fun in the grand Lafayette- perhaps you would like to pick a day when there aren't that many people- a weekday? After all, all the people could have been there because we picked a weekend instead of a weekday. I wouldn't say that this shopping place is a must-go in Paris, but if you're interested in shopping, by all means- check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment