Monday, July 16, 2012

Musee de L'orangerie





Compared to the Louvre, or the Musee D'orsay, Musee de L'orangerie is small, almost insignificant. But never judge a book by its cover. Inside the Musee de L'orangerie were eight paintings that I have to say I enjoyed looking at the most of all the paintings I saw in Paris. However, before we look at what is inside, let's look at the outside first.
Inside of the Gates of the Musee de L'orangerie

Located in the middle of a forest-like park, it is surrounded by trees, woodland, and birds. It is a small building that looks much like a greenhouse, almost, with its clear windows and structure. When we went, there was a slight line up, not too long, but a line all the same. They go through a slight security check up, and there is a place where someone is collecting money- the admission fees. Again, if you have a Museum Pass, access it 'free'. For me, I went underground first, as there are paintings there as well. However, I wasn't as impressed about the bottom level as I was the top. All I have to say: the top floor hid wonders.

Have you heard of the Claude Monet's famous Water Lily Pond? It's a very famous painting, and very well-known and supposed to be very breath-taking. Personally, I am not a very big fan of art- I respect the artists' will to paint and their exceptionality in it, but I have to say that I have never been quite an 'arty' person. However, Claude Monet's Water Lily Pond changed my view on art just being art. It is a way to capture a moment or to tell a story. It is a way to express oneself. I knew that. I mean who doesn't? Every time that you go to the art gallery, they tell you: 'art is a way to share your knowledge, and to express your feelings in a creating way...' But that has never shown me what art an artist can weave. Water Lily Pond is a definite must see in Paris- it will blow your mind to see the water lilies floating out of the water. I cannot express how beautiful it is. It captures the lilies, the pond, and the seasons, all in eight cuts. BRAVO!!!!!!! I loved it, and the paintings get better the longer you stare at them. Slowly, you will see the lilies rising from the pond, and make it seem like a 3D movie. Except better! However, you are not allowed to take any photos of the actual painting, so a 'borrowed' a few from others that went against the rules and took some. Below are the eight paintings. 

http://paulamaack.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/dsc00238.jpg






No comments:

Post a Comment