Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The Eiffel Tower (Le Tour Eiffel)


When you think about France, what monument do you see the most in your mind? I find with most that their minds wander to the Eiffel Tower. Many of you are familiar with the Eiffel Tower, or Le Tour Eiffel. After all, there aren't may that do not know about it. I found that in Paris, if you went relatively close to the Eiffel Tower, you weren't able to see the top of the actual tower. Therefore, there is another platform built right across the Eiffel Tower that gives you a magnificent view of the actual tower. I tried taking a photo right at the bottom of the Eiffel Tower, touching one of the legs of the Eiffel Tower, and believe me, it didn't work. When I look at the photo now, I would only know that that photo was taken under the famous Eiffel top because I was there. All I could see was the bottom part of the tower (and barely at that) and people. People in line ups. People eating slurpees. People with blue tongues. People with green tongues. Pigeons. Ducks. And more pigeons. Thankfully we knew about the hill that gave off a beautiful view of the Eiffel Tower, or that meager, pitiful picture would have been all we had from the 'grand' Eiffel Tower.
Front View of Le Tour Eiffel

The lines. The lines of the Eiffel Tower are really really really long. They look like they will take just about forever to get through. Also, you have to pay admission fees to get in. I thought the stairs wouldn't have a line up and that we wouldn't have to pay admission fees, but no such luck. At the end, we ditched the idea. However, you may be very eager to get on the Eiffel Tower. If it is for the view of the Eiffel Tower, I wouldn't recommend it. After all, it is rather difficult to take a picture of something that you are on, unless you wish to take a video of you going up. Meanwhile, if it is for the view of Paris, I think it would be a wonderful idea- especially if you wish to master the virtue of patience on the way!
Bottom View of Le Tour Eiffel- You can barely see the top

Le Tour Eiffel is marvelous, no doubt, and I hope you have the luck to see it, like me!

No comments:

Post a Comment