Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Death Note


Hi! I'm going to start off with a few questions. First off. Is anyone familiar with Death Note? The manga? Also- for people who do know Death Note, what do you think you would do if you had a Death Note as well? For one- would you have the nerve to kill someone if you were going to kill them? For two, if you had a death note, how would you use it? Would you go all out as Light did to hide the Death Note and to throw people off trail if they came to find it? Now. Enough questions. I know all my answers!

If I had the ability to caption anything, I would caption this Death Note Manga 'A Genius Kind of Manga'. Really- the author really made Light and 'L' two genii! But before I decide to get you into this complicated world of genii, death, and gods, let me give you a slight intro to the actual characters and book.
First off, I thought I would mention the fact that I bought the black edition. It has two Death Note volumes in one, and it is black. Literally. Other than the occasional white, when I got this book, the first thing that crossed my mind was: 'wow. They sure must have used a lot of black ink.' Also, this manga is T+, meaning it is meant for older teens. The actual death note is a diary. A diary of a shinigami, meaning death god. A death note is basically a notebook, and it comes with a set of rules. Basically, it is a killing diary. When you write a person's full name into the note, it will kill the person. And there is a bunch of other rules involved but really- it's better if you read it.

Now a little about the actual characters.....

Light Yagami is seventeen years old, incredibly smart, and a very studious teenager. His father is the head of the NPA police, and he lives with his father, his mother, and his sister. The manga starts with Light being very bored in school when a note book drops out of the sky. That's right. It is the Death Note. Light Yagami is the main character in this story and one that I admire very much for his brains.

'L' (he never gives his full name in the two volumes), otherwise known as Ryuzaki (although I am sure that that is not his real name, either), is another genius. Really. This book is loaded with genii. A rather thorough and amazingly exact detective, he is spectacular and again, I admire his loads for his brain. However, not that much is shown about Ryuzaki, as he always keeps to himself for the prospect of 'Kira' (killer, otherwise 'un'known as Light) having a part in the task office. Ryuzaki is very very cautious and I admire him for that as well as Light who is equally cautious not to let any clues slip!

Those are about the two main characters in the story....... Perhaps the shinigami? Well, known as Ryuk, he isn't quite so smart and tends to ask a lot of questions to his human, Light. He is definitely an interesting character, and........ I think that's all........ Oh yeah. Death gods love apples.

Death Note is a mind squalling book/manga, and I hope you read it because it is really a brain-teaser!

***** I give this book a 9.9999999 out of 10. It's really spectacular!!!!!******

No comments:

Post a Comment